Monday, February 3, 2014

What Hospitals Should Look Like


Hospitals are among my least favorite places. It is maybe a place where sick people are being treated. But for some reason, I feel like it is the opposite. In addition, I find the place scary and I know I should not feel that way. However, several of my friends and colleagues think the same way about hospitals as well.

http://www.architectdesignlighting.com/pathway-step-lighting.html

It would be nice if the architectural designs as well as the interior designs of hospitals look interesting and fun enough which can make the patients forget even just once that they are sick just like the hospital where my cousin had her fourth baby. Aside from the good nurses, doctors and other staffs, I like that place because looks more like a home rather than a hospital. The wall colors are also immaculate white but they added some wall art or graffiti which can make you stop and look around. They have added some indoor plants which has interesting planters. They also have these fancy ceramic wall lights which you can find in the rich peoples house, hotels, cafes and other commercial places. But what really caught my attention is the landscape and garden. It looks pretty in the morning but it is prettier in the evening. I can say it looks enchanting. I was mesmerized the first time I saw that part of the hospital. That is all because of the step lights which were artfully arrange to highlight the lovely and landscape and garden as well as provide lighting for the pathways. The step lights were also beautifully designed. It has a moon shape design which complements the landscape and garden in the morning.

http://www.dezeen.com/

I wish all hospitals will look less like a typical hospital. It should be a place which does not only heal you physically but spiritually as well. Adding wall arts or graffiti, a beautiful landscape and garden, and good lighting fixtures can help a lot in improving the atmosphere in the hospitals. Perhaps if all hospitals will look less like a hospital, more people might be willing to undergo treatment and that includes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment