Monday, January 6, 2014

My Cousin's Birthday Celebration


Moving around in the dark is never a good idea. A lot of bad things can happen. There is a huge possibility of bumping into something or tripping over and hurting yourself. But, I took that risk last Saturday evening when I attended my young cousin’s 2nd birthday celebration in the orphanage which is run by the two good priests whom my aunt who is a nurse met during their medical mission four years ago.


During the birthday celebration, my three nieces and I decided to look around the orphanage’s garden. The young boys and girls who found a home in the orphanage are the ones who take care of the garden according to my Aunt. Auntie also said that they have a huge collection of flowering plants and other decorative plants in the garden which I must see. Unluckily, while we were on our way to the garden, an unexpected power outage occurred. The sudden power interruption scared my young nieces so we all head back to the group who were also in chaos. The party which is supposed to last until nine in the evening was cut short. But while everyone is busy packing and cleaning, armed with nothing but my phone’s flashlight I searched for the garden together with one of the caretakers. I just have to see those plants. But before we reached the place I tripped on a stone. Luckily, the caretaker caught me before I fell to my demise and advised me to see the garden in the morning instead. Unhappily, I agreed. Everyone was ready to leave when we returned. That was when the power came back to my vexation.


I may not have seen the garden which they so proudly boast about that night but I was able to see the lovely landscape of the business establishment which is a few meters away from the orphanage. The landscape is highlighted by several powder coated cast aluminum bollard with clear tempered glass which we saw earlier that day. In my opinion, the landscape looks more enchanting in the evening rather than in daylight because of the bollard lights.There are probably a lot of mishaps that night, but the lovely sight of the artfully designed landscape just made that night a wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment