Monday, March 3, 2014

Our Own Open Theater





Watching movies is a great bonding activity we do together with our friends, family members and love ones. It is fun and entertaining. However, as much as we all want to watch a movie, we cannot do it all the time. Other than it is costly, we it is hard to squeeze in a date with the important people in our lives because of our busy schedules. In addition, it is hard to go out and watch a movie because of the weather.

Image Courtesy of http://www.architectdesignlighting.com/
Fortunately, my uncle bought a video projector online a few days ago and asked me to set it up. He said that we could use it watch a movie using our laptops. I could also borrow it once in a while. He said that watching it through a projector can make you feel as if you are watching from a movie theater as well. He is right. Right after, my cousin and I set up the projector and laptop in the garden we all turned off all the lighting fixtures except the round step lights to watch the movie. 

http://www.architectdesignlighting.com/pathway-step-lighting.html
Image Courtesy of http://www.architectdesignlighting.com/
The step lights specifically the round step light with grill 20 watt 12 volt jc were initially set up to highlight their beautiful garden in the backyard. The round step lights were also set up for the safety of everybody. But I guess the step lights are not only made for these reasons. They are perfect for open theaters as well. Since the round step lights are UL (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.) listed and ETL (Intertek Testing Services) approved it assures us that it is safe to play and have fun in the yard even if the lawn is wet just like watching a good movie in our make shift open theater together with your loveones.



I guess my cousins and I will be spending more bonding moments at my uncle’s place. It is a relief that their house is just across ours. My uncle also promised me that I could borrow the projector once in a while so I could also have a movie-theater like experience at home. But I would rather watch it at their place since it is so much fun watching the movie in their bigger yard together with my cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment