Monday, September 22, 2014

Precious Vintage Lamps

 

According to urban legend, vintage items such as an armoire, vases, mirrors and even lamps are haunted by ghosts. Some believed that most of these antique items carry a curse. If there is a grain of truth to this urban legend or not, most people blindly believe it, including me. Just like everyone else, I truly believed that they are the home of these ghosts, specters and other spirits. But as I grow older and wiser, I realized that none of this is true.


Vintage items such as  vases, armoires, mirrors and lamps are precious objects. They are meant to be displayed and cherished just like the vintage pendant lamp which my grandmother gave me. She bought it from an antique shop yesterday. She said that it would look lovely in my kitchen. She was right. The vintage lamp is a great addition to my little kitchen. However, precious as it, I decided to display it in the library along with my other antique collection. I am afraid that I might accidentally break it. Besides, I already have a vintage lamp illuminating the kitchen already. It is a Topeka Ribbed Glass Antique Pendant Light which I bought online just recently. I have seen this antique pendant lamp from one of our favorite restaurants. I love the design and check if there is one available online. I am glad it is.


I suppose some people made up stories of ghosts and specters living in this vintage items so they could have all of these precious objects to themselves. Antique vases and lamps are wonderful decorations. They can also be a great collectible item. However, I felt nostalgic whenever I look at my antique collection. Each of these antique item has its own story which I may not know about. But one thing is for sure. These antique items are all are part of our history which are worthy to be treasured and preserved for our children and our children's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment