Monday, July 29, 2013

The Convenience Of Working At Home


Working at home has been a lifelong dream. It seemed impossible just like most dreams. Perhaps to some, the job is nothing but a scam. People would often raised their eyebrows whenever I tell them that I am working at home with the use of my desktop computer and internet. If I am traveling, I just use my tablet or laptop and my portable WiFi router. Some who are unaware of what I do, think that I am just one of the losers who does nothing but eat and sleep. But instead of taking offense, I just smile about it. I cannot blame them. I did the same thing the first time I read about an article about people who works from home. 


Well, telecommuting, remote work, telework does exists! It all started in the early 70's but gained its popularity in 1996 as an answer to the Clean Air Act of 1970 Amendments which required the companies with more than 100 employees to promote the use of public transportation, remote working and any means that will help reduce air pollution. This act did not only help in the reduction of air pollution but it also opened the doors to all retirees, physically challenged, work at home moms or work at home dads, and people who are living in remote areas to get a full time and a part time job. Moreover, this had also reduce the business operating cost and other expenses of employers such as the cost of of electricity for working lamps or office lights, furniture and fixtures, maintenance of equipment and office supplies. 


Working at home is a perfect job.This is also a good way of putting your laptops, smartphones or tablets into good use. It also improved the lives of many and gave hope to those who had lost their jobs because of economic crises. Thanks to the person who invented the internet, computer and anyone who started it all. Now, I am among those individuals who are lucky to be working in the convenience of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment