Monday, April 28, 2014

Redecorating The Hospitals



Most of us avoids going to a hospital or clinic.  Hospitals and clinics can be equated to a bad news which we do not want to hear. As much as I can help it, I do not want to ever set foot in a hospital. Although I mentioned several great hospitals which do not look like our typical hospital in my previous blog, that does not mean I dislike hospitals less. For me, hospitals and clinics are still formidable places which are meant to be avoided. Unfortunately, hospitals and clinics are hard to avoid. 
http://www.architectdesignlighting.com/pathway-step-lighting.html
Recently, I have been to one of the clinics in town because I accidentally twisted my right knee. I can barely walk because it is too painful to walk. Thankfully, my cousin knows the first aid to a twisted knee which made me walk somehow. I tried to take pain killers for two agonizing days to ease the pain but the medicine seems to work for a few hours only. Afraid that something worst may happen to my knee I gave in to my parents’ wishes to go to the nearest hospital and have a thorough check up.
I cannot remember the last time I set foot in the nearby hospital. But I was surprise to see the interior. It looks different from the last time I have been there. The walls are covered with graffiti. The entire place is also bright and chic because of the different lighting sconces which also adorn the walls of the hallways and the hospital rooms. There are potted ornamental plants everywhere too. But I like the garden best. It has different flowering plants which are highlighted with commercial landscape lighting which are often seen in the parks, plazas and famous gardens and landscapes. The commercial landscape lighting  is a Three-Tier Pagoda Light which reminds me of Japanese gardens. There are also other commercial landscape lighting fixtures which illuminates the pathways or walkways of the hospitals. Thankfully, I am glad that the management of the hospitals made changes in the exterior and interior design of the hospital. Because of the wall art, plants and the lighting fixtures, it made the once formidable place look like a safe haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment